On Sunday 22nd April Freshwaters will be a focus for prayer at the Heart 4 Harlow prayer meeting. Below are some prayer points.
- Finances – Please pray that Lynn Bound, our new voluntary fundraiser, will be quickly rewarded with a successful bid. We have an application outstanding with Essex Community Foundation and Lynn is beginning an application with the Yapp Trust. Please pray for an increasing number of individual and regular donations.
- Volunteers – Thank God for an amazing team of volunteers, please pray for the ‘Opportunities 2 Serve’ drop in on Saturday 12th May that Freshwaters will be represented at.
- Administrator & Team Leader – Please pray for Duncan our Team Leader and Annette our Administrator, their excellent work enables the Centre to function smoothly.
- Management Committee – Please pray for wisdom in making the right strategic and policy decisions for FCC.
- Chair/Chief Executive – Please pray for Ron as he holds the position of chair and chief executive, please pray for someone to come forward to take over one or other of these roles.
- Clients – Please pray for the families we see that there would be strong relationships between parents and children and improved relationships between parents. Please pray that some would be interested in knowing more about our faith.
- GDPR – These new data protection regulations have a large impact on FCC, one specific issue is that our accreditation body (NACCC) are insisting at the moment that we gain GDPR certification which would cost around £450 and involve a lot of work. We are hoping to persuade them to exempt the smaller charities.
Ron Kingsmill our Chair is undertaking a charity abseil from Church Langley water tower on Saturday 5th May to raise funds for FCC – if you would like to donate click on the image below.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
We are pleased to announce that it is now possible to give one off and regular donations through BT My Donate. It is also possible to use this page to organise fundraising events for the Contact Centre.
Click on the logo to go to our BT My Donate page.
This great programme to assist parents going through divorce or separation to see the situation from the perspective of your children and to agree a plan which which help your children to not just survive this difficult time for everyone, but even to thrive.
Quotes from parents who have attended the programme
- “I was hesitant to come on this course-but I am now glad that I did. I feel I have learned and become more aware of skills to use to deal with conflict”
- “I learned to step back when my ex is argumentative towards me. That is to breathe deeply and not give in to the argument”
- “I attended the SPIP’s course and found it really useful, so much so that I got in contact with my ex-partner after a period of 6 months (who also attended the course) and we were able to resolve a lot of issues that so far court and solicitors have not been able to. Following on from the course, I have been able to arrange a mutual visit with my son and I will be seeing him for the first time in over 6 months”
“It was good to talk to others and understand how people react and cope with different situations”
For further information click here.
We are pleased to confirm that Freshwaters Contact Centre is now registered with Harlow Frontline.
If you want to know how families progress through Freshwaters Contact Centre from initial referral through to full contact in the community, then take a look at FCC Pathways
We have an urgent need for a volunteer fundraiser (around 7 hours a month) and a volunteer treasurer (around 2 hours a month)– could you or someone you know help? To find out more email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01279 450220, or visit www.freshwaterscontact.org.uk/volunteer
We have today launched our Twitter Account, to follow us go to www.twitter.com/FreshwatersCC
We are pleased to confirm that we have launched a Facebook page – check it out at www.facebook.com/FreshwatersCC
We are pleased to confirm that Freshwaters is now able to accept referrals made through the National Association of Child Contact Centres (NACCC) Safe Referral System. This enables referrals to be submitted and processed on-line.
For more information visit our referrals page.